Jun 4, 2015

Adoption Profile tip - From the Heart

When my kids were young we couldn’t afford ballet classes.  I worked out a deal with the school to trade professional services in exchange classes.  I was never able to sit and watch a ballet performance because I was shooting video for the school.  My sacrifice allowed them to pursue their dreams. There is so much value in that!

I know adoptive parents who placed because they talked about going the extra mile.  Have you done that with your adoption profile?  Make it an Adoption Journal Update – what lengths will you go for a child, make it real, relevant, and heart felt.


1 comment:

  1. I am a birthmother in an open adoption. I can say what was important to me for what it is worth. I talked to many people who the parents had listed. I asked for an honest appraisal of what the adoptive parents shortcomings and defects were. The couple that had caught my eye and I pursued looking into were upfront and honest of their own appraisal as were their references. Financial stability was my first filter, secondly was the level of realistic appraisal self and otherwise. For what it is worth.

    Birth Mother and Adoption advocate,
    Julie

    ReplyDelete