Aug 19, 2014

Your Adoption Profile - tips

As you begin to write about your home sit in the quiet and think about your childhood.   As a child, what made your house a home?  Did your childhood home influence where you live today?  City, Suburbs, Country?  Did you locate there for a job?  As we looked for more space I mentioned loving the neighborhood where I grew up.  We wanted a big yard for kids to play, a basement to feel safe from bad storms.  We wanted a great school district.  We ended up with all of that. 

When I’m driving up to my home I see the yard and feel love.  I open the front door and feel the warmth of belonging.  The pictures on the wall tell a story of who we are as a couple and family.  Our little girls played dress up and restaurant in the family room.  We built tents with blankets using the couch as our support.  Friday evenings after dinner we turn the dining room table into an art center.  We mold bowls or people with clay, make pictures from construction paper, scissors and glue. We paint and play board games.  How about you?

No comments:

Post a Comment